Cognos Controller 10.4.2 if8 CONTRL_UPDATE_version=CCR-AW64-ML-RTM-10.4.2000.1064-0
Microsoft Windows 2016 server
Planning Analytics 220.127.116.11 TM1-AW64-ML-RTM-11.0.911.20-0
After upgrade of TM1 (Planning Analytics) to a newer version than 18.104.22.168 then the Cognos Controller FAP does not work.
The FAP IP stop with a error.
The TM1ProcessError can be:
Cannot convert field number 17, value “123456” to a real number
Error: Data procedure line (0): 01004[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation
Upgrade Cognos Controller software to a later version.
- Install Controller 10.4.2 IF 17
- Stop the Windows service of the TM1 server that is connected to FAP.
- Stop the Windows service IBM Cognos FAP Service.
- Manually delete the existing <…>MonthlyCompanyDetails_TextImportData TI process from inside TM1 Architect.
- Start the Windows service of the TM1 server that is connected to FAP.
- Start the Windows service IBM Cognos FAP Service.
- Do a full FAP IP.
These errors occur because Planning Analytics 22.214.171.124 and later does not support FAP jobs with comments containing more than 2047 characters. The existing <…>MonthlyCompanyDetails_TextImportData TI process that you upgraded from your previous TM1 environment does not adhere to this new limitation.
If you upgrade Planning Analytics 2.0.9, you must upgrade Cognos Controller 10.4.2 to a later version.