Cognos TM1 10.2.2 Performance Modeler
Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server
After uninstall of TM1 performance Modeler on 2012 server from add/remove programs in control panel. You cannot install PM again — either from the TM1 application web icon or from the MSI file itself.
This issue is caused by default security settings on Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 computers. The User Account Control (UAC) settings specify that non-administrators cannot run Microsoft Installer (.msi) files.
If you get an error like this:
Provagent bootsrap update failed: Could not copy “win32\x86_64\cognosrcp.exe” to d:\program files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\coginsight
– Please try to install it again, in most cases it works the second try.
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation
When try to install the file from the TM1 application web site, select download and save the MSI file in a folder on your hard disk ( d:\temp)
1. Go to Start > Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
3. In the command window, use the cd command to go to the directory containing either CognosInsight.msi or PerformanceModeler.msi.
4. Type either CognosInsight.msi or PerformanceModeler.msi.