Planning Analytics 22.214.171.124 TM1-AW64-ML-RTM-11.0.917.9-0
Microsoft Windows 2019 server
How upgrade TM1 on a server?
Follow IBM instructions and do a in-place upgrade.
Please remember to take backup of the important files.
The samples database is overwritten, take a backup of this folder first:
The preserve file list the files that are not replaced, take a backup of that tm1preserved.txt file in folder:
Backup the tm1web_config.xml for TM1WEB from:
Backup server.xml and jvm.options and bootstrap.properties files from folder:
Server.xml contain the port that tm1web will use for access by users.
Backup the configuration in cognos configuration:
- Open Cognos Configuration.
- Click File > Export As.
- Select a location and enter a file name for the XML file.
- Click Save.
Backup of your PAA Agent bootstrap.properties file in folder:
Export the TM1 applications as a backup – the data is saved in the TM1 data folder.
- Open the TM1 Cognos Applications portal.
- Click the Export Application icon under the Actions column.
- From the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- Navigate to the directory to where you want to save the export file.
- Click Save.
Save the Tm1p.ini client configuration file for Cognos TM1 Architect and Cognos TM1 Perspectives from:
Maybe uninstall Planning Analytics Performance modeler from the windows server before you install the upgrade of TM1, to ensure you have the latest version installed.
Later version of Planning Analytics recommend change in TM1S.CFG file:
If you plan to use Cognos TM1 Applications without Microsoft Excel installed on the web server where you are running Cognos TM1 Web, you will need to explicitly set the ExcelWebPublishEnabled parameter to True (
T) in the tm1s.cfg configuration file for your TM1 servers. Earlier versions of Cognos TM1 Contributor did not require this parameter to be set.
If the action button in tm1 websheet are wrong after the upgrade:
- Open the Excel sheet that contains the Action Button.
- Right-click the button, then click Properties.
- Clear and re-select the Resize Button to Caption option.
- Click OK.
- Publish the websheet again.