Cognos TM1 10.2.2 TM1 Architect
Windows 2012 R2 Server
When open Advance Rule Editor in TM1 Architect 10.2.2 (64 bit) you get a MS error when you click on “Check Syntax” icon, and then the TM1 Architect crash and you need to close it.
Inside ARE you have no name of the rule in the top toolbar, this is a sign that you are in the wrong version of TM1 Architect.
How to get the advance Rules editor to work in 32-Bit TM1 Architect version 10.2.2.
1) Verify that parameter AdvancedRulesEditor = T has been correctly set in the right tm1p.ini, which should resides in “C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Applix\TM1”
2) Verify that the following component is installed:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64 or x32 depending on the OS version)
3) Verify that the following component is installed:
Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 Framework
In Server Manager, click Manage and then select Add Roles and Features to start the Add Roles and Features Wizard.
On the Select installation type screen, select Role-based or feature-based installation.
Select the target server.
On the Select features screen, check the box next to .Net Framework 3.5 Features.
On the Confirm installation selections screen, a warning will be displayed asking Do you need to specify an alternate source path?. If the target computer does not have access to Windows Update, click the Specify an alternate source path link to specify the path to the \sources\sxs folder on the installation media and then click OK. After you have specified the alternate source, or if the target computer has access to Windows Update, click the X next to the warning, and then click Install.
4) Run the following MSDOS command from directory “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727” :
Start TM1 Architect from C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\bin\tm1a.exe, to run the 32 Bit version.
5) If point 4 does not work, then retry with the /codebase parameter :
regasm.exe /codebase “\bin\TM1RuleEditor.dll”
6) If nothing works, take a look at the installation log file in \instlog. Its name should be isconfig-PLANANALYTICS-date_time.log or isconfig-TM1CLIENT-date_time.log :
verify that the registration of TM1RuleEditor.dll was OK.
7) Check whether this problem occurs on both Architect and Perspectives. If the problem occurs only with Perspectives then there must be some problem related to Excel installation. If so, then contact IBM Cognos Customer Support.
Advanced Rules Editor is no more supported since 10.1.1
– Supported environments ending with Cognos TM1 10.1.1 :
Cognos is ending support for the following environments and/or features in an upcoming release.
Components Advanced Rules Editor in TM1 Architect and TM1 Perspectives
– Deprecated and discontinued functionality in IBM Cognos TM1
Advanced Rules Editor in TM1 Architect and TM1 perspectives is no longer actively supported as of TM1 10.2 (note: capability is available “as is” in TM1 10.2)