Cognos Controller 10.2.1 fix pack 4
Windows 2012 R2 server
How install the Cognos Controller client on a Citrix server?
Fix pack downloaded from here
The IBM Cognos Controller client has the following 3rd party dependencies that needs to be satisfied:
1. Microsoft .net Framework 2.0SP2 (Present in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 from start).
2. In the case where IBM Cognos Controller 10.2.1FP4 is installed to run as a local client on a Windows 10 client machine, it is required that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is installed.
3. Acrobat Reader 9.3 or ‘X’.
4. Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010, 2013, 2016.
5. Internet Explorer 8 or 9 or 10 or 11.
Copy the ccrlocalclient.msi file from folder c:\program files\ibm\cognos\ccr_64\webcontent\ccr
To a share you created for the installation.
In that share create a text file called EXCEL.EXE.CONFIG with this content:
Then you can install Controller program from the share to the local computer.
The Controller client installation in Citrix is performed in a similar way to any local installation. There are however a few things to observe in the installation process as Controller is installed in a shared Citrix environment.
The installation steps in Citrix are as follows:
1. Copy the ‘Excel.exe.config’ file to the Office installation folder (needs to be in the same location as excel.exe.)
2. Set terminal server in install mode, at the command prompt type:
change user /install
3. Run the installation from the command-line (convenient way to supply configuration parameters):
msiexec /i ccrlocalclient.msi WSSURL=http://servername.domain.com/ibmcognos/controllerserver HELPURL=http://servername.domain.com/ibmcognos/controllerhelp
4. Change back to execute mode:
change user /execute
5. Check the following registry key to ensure that not all users get the Controller Excel-link loaded from start:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options
There are different ways to check this, however, at the lowest level of this key there should not be an ‘OPEN’ value pointing to ‘/R \controllerxl.xll’ present!
In Internet Explorer the Cognos Controller server must be with the local sites to allow SSO login.
Go to Internet Options
Click Security tab
Select Local Intranet and click Sites button
Click Advanced button
Enter the url for the server ( http://servername.domain.com ) and click ADD
Repeat for only server name ( http://servername ) and click ADD