Cognos Controller 10.1
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 server
When try to convert a older cognos controller database, you get a error when you run the DbConv program from the folder D:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\legacy.
ERROR 429 (Hex 1AD):
ActiveX component can’t create object
Database Upgrade is aborted due to error in processing Step 755.
Error – 429 ActiveX component can’t create object
Current DB Version is 754
During the install of Cognos Controller 10.1 on the Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 server some files was not correct registered.
1. Logon to the Controller application server as an administrator
2. Launch Windows Explorer, and navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\common
3. Right-click on the file “Xceedzip.dll” and choose “properties”. Check the file size. It should be approximately 278 KB. If it is 0 Kb then the file is corrupt and will need to be replaced.
4. Navigate to the folder: \Common (this can be: D:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\common)
5. Right-click on the file “FrCrypto.dll” and choose “properties”. Check the file size. It should be approximately 29 KB. If it is 0 Kb then the file is corrupt and will need to be replaced.
6. Launch a command prompt by clicking “Start” – “Run” and then typing in “CMD”
7. Change directory using: cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64\common
8. Register the file using: regsvr32.exe xceedzip.dll
9. Change directory to the c8\common folder (for example using: cd “D:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\common”)
10. Register the file using: regsvr32.exe FrCrypto.dll