Cognos Controller 10.4.2 fix pack 2
CONTRL_UPDATE_name=IBM Cognos Controller Update
Microsoft Windows 2019 server
After the upgrade to the controller fix pack, how do i change to get standard reports to show in HTML as they did before?
Before it looked like this:
after upgrade it look like this:
You don’t. As the use of WebView2 from Cognos Controller 10.4.2 fp1 there is only possible to see reports in PDF or XLS.
Change to use Cognos Controller own pdf viewer:
- TIP: By default this is located here: C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\ccr_64\ControllerProxyServer
The following must be done on a per-user basis:
- Launch Controller
- Click ‘Maintain – Installation – Local Preferences
- Add a new key called ‘StandardReportPreviewFormat‘, with a value of either ‘html‘ or ‘pdf‘ or ‘xls‘ or ‘xml‘
- Click ‘save’
NOTE: If you change the setting so that the default report is ‘pdf’, then be aware that the report will take longer to view (longer to initially display). This is because there is more workload that the Controller application/report server must perform, in order to generate a ‘pdf’ report (compared with the default ‘html’ format). In other words, the end user(s) may perceive this as a performance loss.
Use the undocumented local preference ‘StandardReportBackProc‘ which will stop the PDF rendition in Cognos Controller client.
Each individual end user must perform the following themselves:
2. Click ‘Maintain – Installation – Local Preferences‘
3. Inside the ‘key‘ column, create a new entry called: StandardReportBackProc
4. Click ‘Save’
5. Exit Controller
6. Re-launch Controller and test
- Inside the corresponding ‘value‘ column, create a new entry: false
Adobe Reader X . to make the pdf show up inside the cognos controller report window:
The Adobe Reader client installs both the ‘main’ PDF reader tool (the full client application) and also a smaller ‘web client’.
- This Adobe Reader web client is installed as a plugin in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- By default, this ‘web client’ is what gets activated inside the Cognos report display box.
Unfortunately, in some environments this ‘web client’ suffers from an inability to save more than one PDF file.